Friday, June 8, 2012

FRESH First Week of Summer CHAOS




Artwork: Americana by Neil Young and Crazy Horse

NEIL YOUNG"S much anticipated new cd, AMERICANA was released this week. As a life long Neil fanatic, I must say I am impressed with this cd now available at Amazon for a mere $9.99. He takes eleven classic folkie tunes like Tom Dooley (Dula), Oh Susannah, Clementine, Wayfarin' Stranger, ending with God Save the Queen (timely)...and turns them into electric guitar feats of grandeur with the avid help of Crazy Horse at full swing. Well worth the price of admission. 



 Gorgeous sky blue sky day here in Albuquerque depsite huge forest fires all around...Where's the smoke going anyway...?


TGIF: the big question for the weekend along with will our entire state burn down is Will A Triple Crown Winner be announced at Belmont? 

I think I'll have another as I sort out this news JUST IN...NO TRIPLE CROWN WINNER this time around.





BunnytownUSA is a part of this weekend's COOP TOUR 2012...Despite having ZERO chickens, we have been deemed of interest for our bunny poop composting abilities and 'cuz who doesn't LOVE BUNNIES!?...On Saturday, the Tour hits chicken coops located North of Central Avenue (Route 66) ; on Sunday, the Tour moves South of Central...We are on the Sunday Sunday Sunday Tour...Click link for Google Map of Sunday's version of the   ABQ COOP TOUR 2012...Now to clean up our yard's canine POOP for the COOP tour aficionados.





Altered States

Harvard scientist Eddie Jessup's (William Hurt) mind-altering experiments on himself, involving a hallucinatory drug and an isolation chamber, get out of control when his handiwork shuttles him back and forth on the evolutionary spectrum -- from human to ape-man. Equal parts sci-fi actioner, 1960s psychedelic trip and farce, the film was based on a Paddy Chayefsky novel and received Oscar nominations for music and sound. Blair Brown co-stars.

 This week marked my fourth weekly 'float tank session' at a new place in Nob hill...After I get the salt outta my ears I am going to enjoy my new 'mellow' from hours and a half spent in the solitude of myself. I now have four sessions under my belt and I am going to take a break for a time and maybe watch that old movie called Altered States....Its been another one of my back to the eighties things...(my early days in ABQ 1985-ish)...you float in salt water in total darkness for 60-90 minutes...in old days they played music...now silence...a complete sensory shutdown.  

It will be interesting to see if today's xyz generation of smart-phoners and 24-7 pluggged inners embrace the float tank idea of nothingness...Hats off to Albuquerque's new Float/Massage Center called, Enlighten Others .



Regardless of your opinion on the OCCUPY movement, this latest speech by Michael Moore (love him or hate him) is a very full take on today's xyz generation of protestationers. Have a cup or two of java and check out the video of entire speech entitled, Unrigging The System as seen on LinkTV  . If you enjoy PBS you might enjoy the programming of Link TV. It comes pretty much commercial free and swings left of center by a large margin.








My wife and I celebrate 25 years of legal marital bliss this week…Here we are seen on our roof top at 201 Princeton S.E., Albuquerque,New Mexico, tying the knot with officiator Isleta Pueblo Tribal Medicine woman, Pat Jojola. Pat's good works that afternoon have done well for our 25 years since.

Oddly, we could not get either a representative from the Roman Catholic nor Jewish faith to marry us. In 2008, I became a legalized 'clergy member' myself and have happily performed a wedding ceremony at BunnytownUSA for a sweet couple…Our theater, the AirDance ArtSpace has also been the sight of several weddings…Keep me and us in mind for your holy of holiest of days!






For your entertainment:
Br Ba Cast Goes Bowling





Counting the days and nights until SUNDAY JULY 15 for premiere of Breaking Bad's final season.




No comments:

Post a Comment