Monday, August 2, 2010

Monday Night Chaos

I have celiac disease. When I was a child life was saved by a Jacksonville, Florida family physician whose name was Dr. Tom Palmer. It was he, who figured this out and prescribed me a regimen of cottage cheese, meat, and bananas...My big treat as a little boy was being taken out by my parents to buy a "Sidewalk Sunday" on Monday evenings. There was not an ice cream man tinkling bells or playing super loud music back home then.

As I was developing what became my first blog,FRESHCHAOS.com in my own world, I penned an online weekly page that I called "Monday Night Chaos" for a New England website. That name at the time came from, of course, Monday Night Football (but you knew that). Little did I know until abandoning FRESHCHAOS.com (May 1, 2010), that I recalled, it was on a Monday night that I had gotten my "Sidewalk Sundays"...'twas lot better than cottage cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment